Sunday morning! Woke up, stretched, had my morning coffee, watched a little Good Morning America guilt free. Went on Instagram to see if had any “likes” (lol), and then all of a sudden twenty minutes blew by!!!!! What was I even looking at? I do not even know! Just looking at other people’s pictures! People I barely know! The fact that the human mind is already naturally curious, does not help with productivity with access to pictures! I will admit, I am curious person lol, if I am on the subway, and someone is texting someone- I read what they are texting! Not because I want to get inside scoop, but the way my brain works- is I like to see how they write, and try to guess what their personality is! (Is that the reason my mom would snoop on me and my sister’s phone calls and look through our diary? HAHAHA) It is like my own version of a live soap opera. See a story of a woman coming home from work, texting her friend about problems with her boss, I wonder is she going home to roomates? A husband? Is she going to make a frozen dinner? Or make a big dinner and invite her boyfriend over? Lol- why do I care? I guess boredom!
Boredom or procrastination is my reason for mindless browsing! SO! Guess that feeling is telling me something! I need to form a habit on starting the day! A good morning habit!
- To help with this social media habit changing project- will re-introduce meditation when I wake up! That will replace my habit of reaching for my phone upon opening the eyes.
- After meditation, will write a todo list for the day! That way- I have a gps of where I want to navigate the day. At the end of my todo list- will write out three goals for today- that way, I have motivation for WHY I am doing these things!
- Need to satisfy my creative brain- squeeze out the creative juices- find an hour prior to going to work- to work on one of my creative projects. That way, I don’t have ideas flopping around in my brain the whole day until I sit down to do the project!
- I do most of my roaming during transit, while waiting for the subway, taking the subway- these stations now have WIFI, which is really just me quickly connecting to the subway wifi during each stop, then refreshing a page- only to loose service in thirty-seconds lol, so right now, going to download some games healthy for the brain to play these instead of thumbing Facebook and Instagram for entertainment! Researched best games for your brain and a game called Personal Zen came up. Got that, sudoku, and why not… Candy Crush! lol. Phone is all charged up with games, books, and podcasts!
- Genuinly do need to check social media being in this day in age! So! I am going to schedule time for myself twice a day, when to check it. It is 9:52am right now, so will schedule it for 11:15-11:30am today, and then time myself twenty minutes later today. Not am I going to schedule the time, but create a todo list for going online. Example: Post a picture, like five pictures, respond to e-mails.
Okay guys! Here we go! Let’s do this! Cheers to productivity!!
PS: In case of emergency and can not stop looking at social media stuff just put the phone down! lol Drop the phone and look at your todo list 😉 hehe
I have to say, it is embarrassing how much time I waste online! I’m almost late almost everyday due to my comfort of mindlessly browsing social media cites! I am naturally curious, so having the ability to fact check everything in the world is truly amazing! Social media is beneficial, but if used too much, can definitely almost a toxic relationship to your life goals! SO! Let’s figure out how to put our foot down and use social media for the positive!
Having a goal and actually doing it brings so much great fulfillment. So why do we post pone them? Procrastinate? It’s funny to think at all of the time we spend on social media- using our brain power on the good ole’ FB and other social media outlets? Is social media addiction a real thing? Yes! As humans, we can be addicted to anything- if you do it frequent enough and your brain can find a reward response (negative or positive). If you can make a habit on going on social media, you can make a habit of NOT going on social media!
Starting this Sunday, join me in changing my habit of using social media! First, you need to become aware of your habits. Be mindful of your habits by starting a log of your habits. Whenever you find yourself or is itching to go on social media, jot it down with the time! And think to yourself- is wanting to mindlessly scroll throw FB going to help my future? How does doing this contribute to helping me be a better person? Then click out of the page, tell yourself to focus, and write out a todo list! That way you have a map of where exactly to navigate your day!
My goal with this social media habit changing adventure is 1)Outside of at work, to only use social media with intention. Before logging on FB or IG- have an intention! For example, like five pictures, comment on three, respond to comments. Or if on FB, before logging on- what do you want to know by browsing? Look for an event you can goto! My point is, just do not go on the social media sites without intention! Have a reason! Otherwise, browsing can really be a time waster and self-esteem blower! Also, remind yourself that you were fine before knowing what Beyonce wore to the store, and you will still fine without knowing! If you’re down to join, comment and let’s do this!
As I glaze the many blog sites, one thing recently has really caught my attention, BULLET JOURNALING!!! The adorable little boxes of colors with goals and intentions of motivation had me thinking “yes!! I want this!!!” Of course my curiosity sends me on hours of Google investigation of the who, what, where, how, and why’s of Bullet Journaling, I land on the website http://bulletjournal.com, in which they have a really cool video, and explanation of what it is. It seems to be a goal mapper, planner, to-do list maker, list maker, whatever you want it to be really! I think “Wow, I can totally make my own!”. So Amazon Prime I go, within fifteen minutes I order same day delivery and in eight hours, my materials land at my doorstep!!
I immediately open up the package, throw my journal and pens in purse so I can get this started while hanging out at my boyfriend’s apartment. We watch a movie, I get started on my journal, you know you gotta to be productive! I immediately botch up the Bullet Journal on the first page, but you what? I continue because coloring and creating this journal is incredibly therapeutic!
My boyfriend is like “what are you doing?” I’m like “just planning the future” (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, lol just kidding- but not really). He thought it looked cool actually, accept the part where I left a marker on his bed without a cap, and it got on his comforter, whoops. Even though my journal isn’t perfect, it is perfect to me, because I put the love in making this journal. I had so much fun making it, and that is all that matters 🙂 Go to the site: http://bulletjournal.com, for more explanation- and they sell journals there as well! You can also find page ideas all over Youtube and Pinterest! Now, back to figuring out my spending log! 😡