Sunday morning! Woke up, stretched, had my morning coffee, watched a little Good Morning America guilt free. Went on Instagram to see if had any “likes” (lol), and then all of a sudden twenty minutes blew by!!!!! What was I even looking at? I do not even know! Just looking at other people’s pictures! People I barely know! The fact that the human mind is already naturally curious, does not help with productivity with access to pictures! I will admit, I am curious person lol, if I am on the subway, and someone is texting someone- I read what they are texting! Not because I want to get inside scoop, but the way my brain works- is I like to see how they write, and try to guess what their personality is! (Is that the reason my mom would snoop on me and my sister’s phone calls and look through our diary? HAHAHA) It is like my own version of a live soap opera. See a story of a woman coming home from work, texting her friend about problems with her boss, I wonder is she going home to roomates? A husband? Is she going to make a frozen dinner? Or make a big dinner and invite her boyfriend over? Lol- why do I care? I guess boredom!
Boredom or procrastination is my reason for mindless browsing! SO! Guess that feeling is telling me something! I need to form a habit on starting the day! A good morning habit!
- To help with this social media habit changing project- will re-introduce meditation when I wake up! That will replace my habit of reaching for my phone upon opening the eyes.
- After meditation, will write a todo list for the day! That way- I have a gps of where I want to navigate the day. At the end of my todo list- will write out three goals for today- that way, I have motivation for WHY I am doing these things!
- Need to satisfy my creative brain- squeeze out the creative juices- find an hour prior to going to work- to work on one of my creative projects. That way, I don’t have ideas flopping around in my brain the whole day until I sit down to do the project!
- I do most of my roaming during transit, while waiting for the subway, taking the subway- these stations now have WIFI, which is really just me quickly connecting to the subway wifi during each stop, then refreshing a page- only to loose service in thirty-seconds lol, so right now, going to download some games healthy for the brain to play these instead of thumbing Facebook and Instagram for entertainment! Researched best games for your brain and a game called Personal Zen came up. Got that, sudoku, and why not… Candy Crush! lol. Phone is all charged up with games, books, and podcasts!
- Genuinly do need to check social media being in this day in age! So! I am going to schedule time for myself twice a day, when to check it. It is 9:52am right now, so will schedule it for 11:15-11:30am today, and then time myself twenty minutes later today. Not am I going to schedule the time, but create a todo list for going online. Example: Post a picture, like five pictures, respond to e-mails.
Okay guys! Here we go! Let’s do this! Cheers to productivity!!
PS: In case of emergency and can not stop looking at social media stuff just put the phone down! lol Drop the phone and look at your todo list 😉 hehe